Thursday 31 May 2012

Bow Tie Quilt Finished!


This quilt was started last summer as part of a Facebook group to make a summer scrappy bow tie quilt. I did do all the piecing last summer, but it has taken me ages to hand quilt it and finish it. Other projects just kept getting in the way. I'm happy with it, its amazing how sewing on the binding makes all the difference. It's like mowing the lawn, you spend ages on the beds but until the lawn is cut the garden looks a mess.


I've found hand quilting it a real pleasure, the more its handled when being quilted the softer it has become, it really feels like an old friend already even though it has only just been finished. I'm not sure where this will end up, on whose bed, but in the mean time I can hold it and look at it and enjoy it.

1 comment: