Tuesday 15 May 2012

Beautiful Santorini

Back from a simply lovely holiday in Santorini in Greece. Early summer I think is the best time for a trip to Greece, there are still lots of wild flowers and the weather is perfect. I took the above picture on a short walk we took from the hotel one morning.

The little town of Oia is famed for it's sunsets. We went one better and took a boat trip out one afternoon to swim in the hot springs, have a late lunch and then come back as the sun set. I don't know what I was expecting when it came to swimming in hot springs but when I got in the water it was really cold, swimming around I swam through bath warm and sea cold water within a few feet. Weird! 

We stayed at the Santorini Princess Hotel in Imerovigli. It was perfect. The location, the accommodation, the staff, the food and most importantly the peace and quiet were exactly what we needed. I cannot rate this hotel highly enough. 
My tan is fading as I sit here typing and I know I'm back to reality but I feel rested and ready to face the next few months as we settle my mother in with us to take care of her full time after the death of my father. A new phase to our lives, bring it on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment