Monday 20 May 2013

Shetland 1




A little dark, but you get the idea. This where I'm going to be for the next few days. With my feet up looking out onto this lovely view. Already there have been arctic terns and oyster catchers out there. I've also heard skylarks.

The journey was long and frustrating. We had to turn back to Edinburgh yesterday as the weather at Sumburgh airport was too bad to land the plane. A night in a hotel in Edinburgh and another early start today with a long wait for the weather to soften so we could take off. Eventually we found ourselves here after making friends with fellow travellers who gave us lots of tips about places to see and eat. One lovely man, Gareth even led us to our lodge and showed us where to go.

This is a lovely place, just look at this, fellow knitters..



Fair isle cushions on the sofas and Hazel, who runs the place is a knitter as is her mum, they sell what they make and sell wool from a neighbour who spins and dyes. I'm in heaven.



This is what greeted me as I walked into the lodge we are staying in. Oh wow!

1 comment:

  1. I have been as far as Sanday in the Orkneys,, one day we will visit Shetland. ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete