Sunday 3 February 2013

Bits and Pieces


This blog post is a bit of a mish mash of finished projects and new projects and thoughts about them. The knitting bag I made for my lovely sister for her birthday. I couldn't post about it at the time as she reads my blog. I am really pleased with it. I just used some fabric I had in my stash.


I made two pockets for the inside, one long one and one divided into two for smaller items. We went shopping to the wool shop in Matlock!


This is my latest project, My sister and I saw the pattern in the wool shop. Sadly the yarn, Louisa Harding Kashmir is discontinued so I have chosen Drops Alpaca in rust, olive and lime. The pattern is 'Tilly' from Louisa Harding's 'Queen of Hearts' book. Rather annoyingly this is the first pattern I have looked for on Ravelry and not found and I would have loved to see how other people got on with it. The pattern book is on there but with only a few of the patterns, not all of them and not 'Tilly'!

I decided to swiss darn the flower motifs as I thought it would be neater, I think I was wrong. I also underestimated the slippyness of the yarn and my intarsia left a lot to be desired so I think this project is going to make me cross. I am spending this weekend practising fair isle and intarsia for a better finish, I'll start it again.


Silver Top Down is now finished. I have worn it but I'm not sure if I like it. There is quite a lot of sparkle in the yarn and I'm not really a bling sort of gal.
My knitting this weekend has made me grumpy so I needed to make something that would succeed and that I will like. Slippy alpaca, too much bling and rubbish intarsia. I've cheered myself up by making muffins! Thank you Attic24 for the recipe



No comments:

Post a Comment