Saturday 12 January 2013

I Love Blankets

This is far as I have got with my Patchwork Sampler Throw. There are two colours still to use and quite a few more blocks to knit. I am loving it though. The yarn is from The Natural Dye Studio's Great British Wool Club from last year. The colours are moory and heathery and stormy skies, Beautiful. 

How could I resist joining this years new club, The Rainbow Club  . The first skein arrived this morning, this will definitely be another blanket although I'm really not sure which one. I have been looking at Debbie Abrahams book 'Blankets and Throws to Knit' so I'm sure I'll get some ideas from that, however, I'm open to suggestions.
Isn't this a gorgeous colour? It's called Combe Martin, it's double knit and lovely and squishy, not sure I can wait another month for the next one and the next.

I must get another couple of the squares done this weekend and I'm torn between getting on with my top down sweater, knitting squares and having to do planning and prep for school next week. Oh and a day out tomorrow visiting my mum, I shall either be knitting on the train or planning.


No comments:

Post a Comment