Monday 15 October 2012

Busy Knitting


Just finished this lovely beret and scarf. It's Louisa Harding's new yarn Amitola. When this yarn fell out of the soft tree it hit every branch on the way down. It's merino and silk and the colours are gorgeous. This took just under 2 50 gm balls. Kathy of Moonstone Yarns puts new yarns on the table when we have a knitting lock in, so hard to resist!  

I think it's too new for the patterns from this book to be on Ravelry.


This is the next project, I've had this pattern for years and have finally decided to knit it up, this gorgeous purple yarn is by Blacker Designs, unfortunately I couldn't get it any more so I have gone with this Shilasdair luxury DK. There are lots of cables and twists so I doubt it will be a TV project.


The colour is perfect to go with a green skirt I have just bought, well in the top half of the picture it is, I'm not sure why there is a line across the middle, there isn't on the original. Anyway I'm going to cast on tonight, I've wound one skein into little dumpy puddings with my ball winder so I'm ready to go.



No comments:

Post a Comment