Wednesday 13 June 2012

Patchwork Sampler Throw


Progress so far on this throw, the yarns are just gorgeous to work with. Each one is a mixture of blue faced leicester wool and another British Wool. I've been receiving a skein once a month for the last six months from The Natural Dye Studio's Great British Wool Club. Each yarn is going to have a different knitted square, there are cables, textures, lace and my own idea of motif, it has to be a sheep. 

I had intended to do a lot more sewing while I am looking after my elderly mother but her health needs mean that I an unable to stay focused on a project for very long so knitting these squares is just the ticket. The days are long so much knitting is happening, there is an up side! I may just have to make another one when this one is finished to keep myself busy.

2 comments:

  1. I have given you Liebster Award...I don't know if you've had it before, so don't feel you have to join in ...I just wanted to let people know what a great blog you have :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, I've never heard of it before but it's now clearly my favourite award!!
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete