Sunday 18 March 2012

What's On The Needles?

This is what I'm working on at the moment. It's a jumper, pattern found here. I'm using Rowan wool cotton as the stitch definition is so good which is essential for these lovely cables. I actually bought the yarn for half price on Ebay.

My blogging has had to take a back seat for the last few weeks. Sadly my dad has been given just weeks to live so my attention is completely taken up with caring for him and my mother with parkinson's. My brother, sister and myself have been taking it in turns to live with them and care for them. A week at a time is all we can manage as it is tiring with getting up in the night and distressing. I have been overwhelmed however, with the kindness of neighbours and friends of theirs in their village in Dorset. Their local NHS service has also been fantastic and I can't praise these lovely people highly enough. The next few weeks are going to be hard but I know that he is surrounded by people who love him.

2 comments:

  1. That is such an unusual garment - I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sorry to hear about your dad. I hope you get some time to relax with your knitting and recharge your batteries at an extremely stressful time. I always find that half an hour knitting gives me a chance just to forget about any troubles.

    Your current knit looks lovely, and a bargain yarn but on ebay is always good!
    Happy Knitting
    Fleur xx

    ReplyDelete